Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Fever!!!


Happy Friday everyone! We’ve "Sprung Ahead". Daylight savings is much earlier this year and will end much later. R just says more time in our garden after work, which makes me happy 'cause I'm looking forward to hearty homegrown veggies this Spring/Summer. I've never planted a garden before, only herbs and peppers in pots so this will be very exciting. I'm blessed to have R with his expertise in gardening that he learned from his Grandpa and Granny in Mississippi. I need to get a list down and decide what I want to plant. B and M have the two first rows and have an idea of what they want to plant. They've mentioned watermelon, pineapple and peanuts. We'll have to do some research on the pineapple and peanuts! I'm really looking forward to homegrown tomatoes. Haven't had a good tomato in a long time. I'm sure ya'll know what I'm talking about. Veggies don't taste as good as an adult as they did when I was younger. R sent me a list of oriental/asian veggies as well. How thoughtful of him! Here's R cutting up the grass with a sod cutter and prepping the area. Notice on the deck and grass B & B putting in their two cents and giving R some gardening tips!!!

No comments: